If you are a fellow coffee lover, you should know that your love for coffee shouldn’t stop at drinking it! Coffee can be used in a variety of recipes including those for breads, candy, muffins, granola, soup, beef/chicken/pork dishes, cakes, roasted nuts and more! Today, we are going to share a delicious coffee recipe with you for Espresso Brittle!
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- ¼ Cup of Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Espresso Beans (crushed into medium sized crumbs)
- 1 Ounce of Butter
- Dash of Salt
- Prepare baking sheet -line sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and water in medium sized saucepan and heat over high heat while occasionally, swirling the pot until the color turns light amber. Be careful not to overstir!
- Once the mixture is a light amber color, add the crushed espresso beans and swirl them around in the liquid caramel (if the sugar starts to foam a bit, don’t worry) and continue to cook until the caramel is brown.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and carefully whisk in the butter and salt.
- Once butter is dissolved, immediately pour the liquid onto the prepared baking sheet and quickly tilt the baking sheet to the side in order to get the brittle to spread out on the pan into a thin layer.
- As it cools, use a metal spatula to spread it into a more even layer.
- Let the brittle cool.
- Chop the cooled brittle into pieces by sealing it into a plastic bag and hitting it with a rolling pin or mallet. If you don’t want brittle powder to be mixed in, sift the crumbs out using a strainer.
This coffee recipe is truly delicious! Espresso brittle can be served by itself as a sweet snack or with ice cream. It pairs very well with vanilla bean, chocolate or coffee flavored ice cream!
Original Source for Espresso Brittle