This month’s featured coffee blend contains Mexican coffee beans, so it’s only appropriate to share a recipe for Mexican coffee. If you enjoy drinking coffee and adult beverages that contain alcohol, you are going to love this coffee-inspired cocktail recipe!
- Frost the rim of your cup with sugar.
- Using a kitchen torch or lighter, pass the rim of the glass quickly through the flame to caramelize the sugar on the rim.
- Add 1.5 oz of the tequila and 1.5 oz of coffee liqueur (preferably Kahlua) to each glass.
(Optional Step)– If you are comfortable cooking with flames, you can tilt the cup towards the flame so that the liqueur in the glass begins to flame. This step is more for advanced chefs and culinary professionals so if you are uncomfortable; this step can be omitted without impacting the taste of the cocktail.
- Sprinkle the liquid with cinnamon.
- Add 1 cup of hot coffee and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Finish the drink off with one more shake of cinnamon.
Original Source for Mexican Coffee Recipe foodnetwork.com
- 1.5 oz Tequila
- 1.5 oz Coffee Liqueur (Kahlua)
- 1 Cup of Prepared Coffee
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 tsp Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon (for garnish)